Monday, October 13, 2008

Let's Get...Creative!

So I signed up for a beginner's belly dancing class! I was watching a documentary on the DOC channel about Julliard's senior year dance class and it inspired me to start dancing again. I used to dance, when I was much younger; jazz, ballet and tap...but that was years ago! I have always loved to dance and could literally dance all night if given the opportunity (and a few glasses of wine!). But, I've always been entranced by the eastern dancers...the music, the costumes, the graceful carriages, so I thought, why not?! My husband, being Arab-American, appreciates the art but says there's more senstivity when it comes to dancing for patrons in a restaurant or to enterain for money. I'm just doing it for exercise and for fun so it'll be a blast.

I also want to get back to painting and drawing. I love art...my grandmother is an artist and I love painting; I used to do it more often, but I really got away from it. You know, thinking about it; I got away from a lot of my creativity once I joined the military (go figure). I'm glad I'm finally going back to it. Writing, painting, dancing...I'm reclaiming my right brain!!! I'm chasing out the brainwashing of the left-brained regimental rules-bound cardboard life that I've had to adapt to in order to become successful in the world of the profession of arms.

So, where's my paintbrush....

No comments: