Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vice Presidential Debates and Boob Windows


Good morning once again...back to the coffee and the sound of the annoying MSNBC money guy shouting in my right ear. Why do I watch "Morning Joe?" Between Mika scolding Joe like a mother hen and the strange, disjointed programming, I guess it's the better of the three major US media outlets. Feeling better today...just the rumbling sounds of phlegm in my lungs, yeah, I know...thanks for sharing. But, it's good to feel a little better today. I've been sick for way too long. My. Summer. Sucked. *sigh* but, I digress.

So, tonight's the big VP debate between Pitiful Palin and Boring Biden. Can't say I'm too thrilled to watch, but like every other monkey I'll be sitting in front of the TV critiquing what Palin is wearing and belaboring the point that she is an idiot--Biden really just needs, in my humble opinion, to just stay on point, don't get drawn into an emotional discussion and let Palin make an idiot out of herself as she's done already. Thank God SNL finally got behind the whole thing. She really is just Bush in lipstick and I think the Republicans seriously thought the conservatives would just see pretty face and be too charmed to ask the tough questions. At least Katie Couric is finally kicking it in gear and asking the tough questions. I haven't counted, but I think there's been several times that she pushed Palin to answer specific quesitons and she wasn't able to do it. I really think Palin and McCain are going to lose. Obama is better--but he's not perfect either. I just think he's what the world and the US needs right now. A global candidate...how interesting.

Anyways, I saw this article today on NPR and it just made me smile. After living in Japan for about three years, some of it for school, some for military...I could answer this question about why women (girls?) don't read comics as much--or at least, as they say in the article, the ones that the comic book companies want them to. With impossible Barbie-like proportions, that minute waist with gargantuan boobs, perfectly wide eyes not even symmetrical on the face--strength and assertiveness that would never be accepted in the real world...who knows why a 'real' woman wouldn't want to have one more stereotype or "this is the way you should be"
rubbed in their face? Hmmm...yeah. So, here's the NPR article...I love the "boob window" thing...too funny.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2008/10/i_blame_the_boobwindow_or_why.html

No comments: